Spray insulation with polyurethane foam is a new technique of insulating and sealing structures. Spray insulation is a common way to insulate your home or rooftop because of its high efficiency and ease of installation. The two active components of foam spray; polyol and isocyanate are transported to hoses by the pump. A sprayer performs high-pressure blending.
The foam is then applied to the insulated surface by the gun. The foam expands many folds in volume within seconds of application, creating a uniform, long-lasting insulation layer with excellent thermal insulation properties.
Roof insulation with polyurethane foam spray has been widely used for many years in Pakistan. It is regarded as one of the most efficient thermal insulation technology available. It significantly reduces air-conditioning costs while maintaining a consistent temperature throughout the year. With the kind of severe weather we have, polyurethane foam spray roof insulation is unquestionably a good long-term investment.
Spray Polyurethane Foam is a single-component polyurethane (PU)-based heat insulation material that can be sprayed on materials using a special application system. Through the application device, the propellant in the can spray the synthetic ingredient onto materials. Because of the moisture in the air, this mixture absorbs and solidifies quickly.
Open-cell foam spray:
As the name shows open-cell foam spray is made up of a large number of open cells. This type of heat insulation helps in keeping the room at a comfortable temperature because water vapors in the air (due to insufficient ventilation) don’t condense on its surface and does not cause dampness.
Open-cell foams are often used for internal thermal insulation in commercial and public buildings because of their heat proofing properties. For insulation of new buildings, lightweight open-cell foam insulation is recommended. They can also be applied in existing buildings that are being renovated for extra thermal insulation.
Closed cells foam spray:
The density of Polyurethane foam spray varies from 30 to 60 kg/m3 and they contain at least 90% closed cells. It is one of the most efficient heat-insulating materials currently available. The thermal insulation properties are due to the presence of gas bubbles inside the structure of closed-cell foams. This kind of foam spray is suitable for thermal insulation of flat roofs, buildings, foundations, cattle sheds, etc, because of its excellent properties like high density, enclosed cells, low vapors absorption, and high tensile strength.
How it is applied:
Spray Polyurethane Foam is not very difficult. First and foremost, the nozzle is tightly attached to the foam gun’s tip for elevated surfaces. It’s important to keep the distance between the projectile and the gun. Because any mishap can result in foam leakage during the spraying process. The can has now shaken a minimum 20 times. The spraying gun is shielded by turning up the upper lid of the gun. The screw on the back of the gun is loosened, allowing you to change the pressure as required. After that, the substance is applied quickly at a distance of 40-45 cm from the surface. Being too close to the surface or too far away from it may have some drawbacks. Thickness increases as we get closer to the surface. The ideal thickness for a single-layer application is 1.5 cm. The heat insulation values can also be reduced if you apply a thicker application in a single layer. The ideal application would be 1.5 cm thick and comprised of three overlapping layers. When it is applied from a distance of more than 40-45 cm, the thickness of the application is reduced, and therefore the usage will be increased.
· Easy Installation: It also takes little time and labor to install and extensive structural changes are not required. With other insulation methods, multiple layers need to be installed.
· Long-lasting: Foam insulation, according to experts, is the most reliable and can last for at least 20 years if designed correctly. Purchasing foam from reputable suppliers means that you are using the best-quality products that will last for a long time.
· Fills every gap: According to most experts, the best part about polyurethane spray foam is that it completely covers your home, filling any gap and crevice. For the best results, this material is made of polyurethane with cleverly engineered chemical structures. It expands to fill in the details, making it useful and effective.
· Best constructional characteristics
· Durable insulation
· Homogenous sheets without any connection or joints
· Environmentally friendly
· Does not absorb moisture
· Safe from bacteria, fungus, and mold attack
· Long-lasting coating
· Strengthens and empowers constructional structure
· Almost zero heat conduction