Cementitious Waterproofing Chemical
(Two Component Flexible Coating)
Roof Waterproofing Chemical = Cementitious Waterproofing Chemical – Highly resistant to the effects of long-term weathering
Cementitious Waterproofing Chemical – Max Membrane Seal is a two-component flexible waterproofing & protective coating, composed of the best quality Portland cement properly selected & graded aggregates, additives & acrylic emulsion polymer as a binder. Max Seal Membrane reacts chemically after mixing to form a hard and flexible film that bonds tenaciously to most concrete or masonry substrates. Max Seal Membrane prevents intrusion of water, yet allows entrapped moisture to be released
· Max seal Membrane is ideally suited for:
· Cast-in-place and pre-cast concrete.
· Wastewater treatment plants > To protect exposed steel rebars from corrosion.
· Potable water tanks. As baking to marble, tile, and granite to prevent water ingress and thus alleviate surface staining
· Most suitable for Shell roofs,
· precast roofs,
· tile roofs and basements Best alternate for Geo membrane
· bitumen membrane
Coverage and Thickness
Max Seal Membrane coverage is about (5.33-6.67) sq ft/kg, and it can be applied in between the thickness of about 1.2 mm to 2 mm.
· Durable in all climatic conditions
· Flexible and best suited for precast roofs
· Highly resistant to standing water
· intended for use on vertical and horizontal surfaces
· Pot life at 1 Hour 20C
· Density | 1.75 Kg/tr
· Bridge cracks up to 2 mm: Passed
· Adhesion 2 to 3 N/mm (ASTM D4541)
· Modulus of elasticity, 19000 N/mm Approx.
· Coefficient of thermal expansion 13.10-6 Approx
· Hardness Shore A – 83(ASTM 2240-91)
· Flexural strength
· 10 N/mm (According to EN 196 -1)28 Days
· Tensile strength – 4 N/mm (According to DIN 53455)14 Days
· Elongation at break
· 200% (ASTM D 412 -92)28 Days
All surfaces to be coated must be clean and structurally sound. The surface where the membrane is applied should be cleaned from dirt, oil, or any kind of surface contaminant All static cracks or breaks, voids, or honeycombing larger than 1/32″ should be cut out and repaired with polymer-modified repairing mortar.
The membrane liquid is poured from the plastic container into a plastic or metal drum having a volume of at least 5 liters. Then powdered component is gradually added while mixing with a slow-speed drill fitted with an approved mixing paddle. Mixing must be continued until lump
-free slurry is obtained
· Pre-dampen the substrate surface with water using a brush or spray bottle. High porosity substrates will require more dampening than dense substrates.
· Whilst the surface is damp, apply the material using a soft-bristled brush (120 mm-200 mm wide). Application may also be made by roller, or spray machine. The first coat should be allowed to cure for a minimum of 5 hours at 20 °C or 3 hours at 35 °C prior to a second application, should it be required. If over coating is done more than 24 hours after applying the 1st coat or the 1st coat has already dried out, the surface must be pre-wetted again, For spray application, the substrate should be prepared in the same manner as for brush application. The required film thickness can be achieved in one application.
STORAGE & SHELF LIFE
The pails and boxes must be stored in a covered, dry, and shaded area, away from direct sunlight, UV, and other sources of heat, and protected from extreme temperatures. The shelf-life of the product is up to 12 months if stored as per the recommendations. Excessive exposure to sunlight and UV will result in the deterioration of the quality of the product and reduce its shelf life.
HEALTH & SAFETY
Max Seal Membrane is irritating to the eyes, respiratory system, and skin. Avoid inhalation of dust and wear suitable respiratory protective equipment. Max Seal Membrane liquid is not classified as dangerous. Ultra Membrane when mixed becomes highly alkaline, wear suitable protective clothing, gloves, and eye protection